Monday, October 17, 2016

Letter #13 - Mission Tour

October 17, 2017




This week was exciting because we got to hear from Elder Kim B. Clark.  I think one of the things that I and my companion took away from the experience is that we need to be committed to our investigators. When we commit them to doing something then we need to be committed to helping them keep their commitments. My companion and I took that to heart during weekly planning the following day. We talked about our commitment level to the people that we have been trying to get in contact with. We talked about some of the things we need to do in order to show and be committed to helping them succeed and receive the restored gospel. I also enjoyed what was said about love being a gift from God and that we need to pray as well as act in order to have that love for those we interact with. I have been praying for an increase in love for my companion as well as those that we meet while out and about. Another thing I learned from the meeting is that God really does want us to do better and he lets us know how, but he never does it in a way that discourages us. The Lord and his servants always encourage. The Spirit encourages and inspires us to do better. He doesn't demand or demean. I have also been working on trying to talk to everyone, even if it is just a hello. The more I practice, the more comfortable I become and the closer I move toward making bigger improvements. I love you all and hope you are well! Thanks for all the support :)

Love, 
Sister Prue

No comments:

Post a Comment