Monday, November 21, 2016

Letter #18 - Happy Thanksgiving!

November 21, 2016



Dear Family and Friends,

This week at zone conference we got to see the video that the church will be releasing on November 25th for their Christmas initiative #LIGHTtheWORLD. It is a good one. I really really enjoyed it. Starting on Dec.1st they are encouraging 25 acts of service. They will also be releasing an advent calendar where each days gives a way that we can be more like Jesus with very simple ways of working towards that particular way. It was really cool and I would encourage you all to participate this year. I will hopefully be getting to do stuff as a missionary and will write about it in my letters. 

This week I also got the flu. Despite my best efforts and a flu shot several weeks ago. I spent all day and night of day one in bed. The second day I spent about half the day in bed, and the other half deciding whether I should try eating or not. I slept soundly the whole second night. Then day three was Sunday so we just did our regular church meeting/ ward council at 7AM thing. So luckily it didn't last a long time. 

This week for Thanksgiving, we will be going to a ward Friendsgiving potluck. It is the fifth year they have held it and last year about 60 people attended. It's for all the people in the community that don't have anywhere to go for Thanksgiving, so it should be a nice little event. 

Things I was Thankful for this week: 
A companion who made me soup and gave me extra blankets
Concerned ward members

Christ is the light of the world. Our lives are filled with the Spirit was as we focus on and give gratitude to Him. He is the reason that the holiday season is so bright and enjoyable. Make him your focus as you serve and celebrate and the coming weeks will be filled with peace that comes from the Spirit. Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving this week!  

Love, 
Sister Prue

No comments:

Post a Comment