Monday, November 21, 2016

Letter #17 - Peppermint Hand Soap

November 14, 2016




Dear Friends and Family,

This week has probably been my best week yet out in the field. Lots of good stuff happening here. Sunday was stake conference and I really liked the stake president's talk. He called it worse, worser, worst :) He talked about how bad days are really just small tests from the Lord that help us assess how Christ-like we are becoming. We are able to see how we treat others and handle situations when we are annoyed and frustrated and things just aren't going our way. Then we have worser and worst days when we are hit with longer and more serious trials that are opportunities for us to build our faith and grow. Anyways, now any day I have a bad day I'm going to think about how I'm measuring up. I thought it was a nice perspective to get through those inevitable bad days. 

Last week we received a little ring of paper where each day we write something we are grateful for that day. Mine have included: Peppermint Hand Soap, Sister Hovenier, Appointments after dark (it gets dark around 6, and we have to be out until 9), Warm weather (it's getting to the 50s now, but we still are having warm days), and Soup made by members (my companion got sick and then I got it, but not nearly as bad)

One day after dark we were looking for someone we might be able to visit, and we weren't sure who to go to, so we said a prayer. One of the names that popped into my head was of a less active member who has been impossible to find at home. I disregarded the idea and we started heading to another member's house. As we were driving, a car was tailgaiting me and I couldn't figure out which street to turn down and I couldn't slow down in order to do so, so I ended up missing the right turn, at which point the car went around me. I decided to turn on the next street so that I could pull over and figure out where we were. Where were we? Lo and behold we were on the street of the person whose name popped into my head, and so at that point I knew what was going on. We went and of course the person was home and we were able to make an appointment for later that week. We visited them and it was great. The end. The Lord helps us repent even when we are unwise and don't follow his advice the first time. 

Things I'm looking forward to this week: 
Using the peppermint hand soap we bought
Zone conference

Love, Sister Prue

No comments:

Post a Comment