Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Letter #7 - Member Monday

September 5, 2016


Dear Friends and Family,

This one is going to be a short one since the libraries are closed and
I'm typing this in the most agonizing way on my iPad. I'm not
complaining though :) This week we've had some great experiences with
building a better relationship with the members, which I think I
mentioned is me and my companion's transfer goal. We took a member who
had never worked with the missionaries before on exchanges and she had
a really good experience. Her mom later told us that she had been
worried about going, but that she ended up having a great time. The
member even mentioned her experience during fast and testimony meeting
and there were also many other blessings we saw from that one
experience alone. We had another experience where someone called and
wanted to reconnect with missionaries. We brought members along with
us to that too and they were just the people that the woman needed to
talk to. The Lord needs all of our talents and what we have to offer
to help others. It was amazing to see how we were able to help bring
them together.

My personal transfer goal is to ask better questions, so I put
together a notebook with a principle from each one of the lessons on
its own page. Then during personal or companionship study we
brainstorm what questions would better help us teach that principle.
It has been a very enjoyable exercise. I also try to think of personal
experiences that I can use while talking about that principle. I also
am sure to write down questions that I am directed by the Spirit to
ask when I am actually teaching a lesson because, of course those are
the best kind :)

I hope you are all enjoying your three day weekend!

Love,
Sister Prue

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had an incredible week, Sister Prue! So glad that you're having such wonderful experiences and noticing all those little, daily miracles :) I think your plan to brainstorm and record questions for the various principals you're teaching is genius! It will give the Spirit more to draw from when you're looking for Him to prompt you as you teach :) It's good to know that you and your companion are having such a positive impact on the ward members, too. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete