Monday, May 8, 2017

Letter #40 - Turning Things Around

May 8, 2017



Dear Friends and Family,

This week was full of door knocking and door slamming among other
adventures. As we started on one street, every one of the first four
or five doors answered, and as soon as they saw us, made some kind of
negative remark and shut the door before we even had time to say "Have
a good day!" After we had made it back onto the street from the fourth
or fifth door, the woman re-opened the door and yelled out , "God
Bless!" I think she must have felt a little guilty about the harsh way
she responded to us, and it reminded me of how quickly we can repent
when we realize that we have acted amiss. And for reasons that I don't
always quite understand, we were able to turn around and respond in a
like manner with genuine smiles and pleasure. We can undo so much of
the negative results of our sins when we repent immediately and allow
Christ to help us. I hope that I can be more like this woman and
recognize when I have done wrong and immediately try to make it right.

In other news, this week we will have the opportunity to hear from
Elder Larry R. Lawrence, which should be fun. He had an article in
last month's Ensign, which I particularly enjoyed. Thanks for all the
e-mails and love! I love all of you!

Love, Sister Prue 

No comments:

Post a Comment