Monday, March 20, 2017

Letter #34 - 8 Months Today

March 20, 2017


Dear Family and Friends,

This week we had the incredible opportunity to hear from an apostle of
the Lord, Elder Rasband. We also were able to hear from Elder
Hallstrom and Bishop Causse (I know I butchered the spelling on that
one) of the presiding Bishopric. Beforehand we were asked to read a
talk he gave in general conference in 2010. In it he shared his
experience of observing how missionaries are assigned to their
missions and bore testimony of the divinity of our call. During our
conference, he shared his experience this week of assigning calls to
missionaries, as that is now his privilege to do as an apostle. He
said he even assigned some to this mission :) He told us not to
complain about our areas or companions or missions because doing so is
to mock God. He promised us that if we would keep journals during our
missions, that the spiritual experiences we record will be able to
bolster our testimonies later in life at times when our faith may
become weak. He talked about how missions are times where we find
ourselves and God's elect. Missions are very inward and very outward.
He told us to ask God what He wants us to learn from each companion
and each area. All the speakers were amazing and I took notes full of
counsel. The thing I think that sticks out most from these visits from
leaders of the church is the great love that they have for us. The
Spirit is so strong when they come and it seems like all is right in
the world, or at least that it will be.

Something that I've made a habit of doing recently is reading from my
patriarchal blessing each day. It is uplifting to see the many
blessings the Lord has in store for me and the love that He has for
me. I've also started re-reading the talks from last General
Conference in order to prepare for General Conference coming up.

Some of you may not know that as of a week and a half ago, I got a new
companion, Sister Sellers. She is from Clearfield, UT. She is very
organized and awesome at directing dinner conversation towards
missionary work and other gospel topics. I'm learning a lot from her
already.

Also, I'm sitting here in the cleanest laundromat in the world washing
my SWEATERS. But the last few days it has been in the 90s. I think
they broke the weather here.

As always, I love hearing from each and every one of you. I love you all :)



Love, Sister Prue

No comments:

Post a Comment